- 1964 born in Landau/Pfalz, married, two daughters
- carpenter by profession with additional training in special education
- works part-time as a supervisor in a workshop for mentally ill people
- Designing wood was already one of his favorite pastimes in childhood, and his love of wood as a material goes back a long time.
- The spark that ignited the discovery of his artistic talent came in 1991 during a vacation on the coast of Denmark: Pieces of wood, accidentally washed up on the beach, he playfully puts together to form a picture. Discarded things are given "new life".
- Since 1992, his works have been shown in numerous exhibitions at home and abroad.
- Since 2009 you can see the HolzArt of Erwin Würth on more than 200m² exhibition space in the studio in Petersbächel
- The range of objects and themes that Erwin Würth confronts is as diverse as the nature that provides him with the materials and forms. An exact saw cut on the historical horizontal creel decides on the final shape of the work of art. Only oil and wax are used for the surface treatment. From detailed to abstract, it is ultimately left to the viewer's imagination to find his or her own point of view and stank.
- Erwin Würth's works speak of the diversity of creation and of a God who is love and before whom everything has value. His personal conviction of faith is the source from which the artist draws his many ideas. Thus, in his works of art made of perishable material wood, the artist finds an aspect of God who, in infinite love, seeks and transforms all that is lost and broken.